Keeping babies safe while sleeping is of paramount importance. There are a few simple steps that you need to remember when putting your baby to sleep:
1. Swaddle your baby properly.
2. Swaddle your baby snugly but not too tightly.
3. Always ensure the neckline of the Love To Swaddle UP™ fits properly. This means that the fit should
be snug around the neck and sit under your baby's chin, without being too loose or too tight.
4. Ensure there are no toys in the cot or loose sheets/ wraps that the baby can accidentally put in
their mouth and pose a choking hazard or get tangled in.
5. Always put your baby to sleep on their back.
6. Place your baby at the bottom of the cot and tuck a top sheet over them, tucking it in snugly
under the mattress. Placing them at the bottom of the cot reduces the risk of baby riding down
and covering their head under the sheet.
7. Do not over or under-dress your baby for sleep time. Please refer to our FAQ for more
information about suggested ways to dress your baby under the Love To Swaddle UP.
8. Give your baby access to her hands so she can suck on them to self soothe and sleep longer.
9. Give your baby adequate swaddled and unswaddled time.
10. Discontinue swaddling when your baby starts to roll or startle reflex is no longer present, which
ever happens first.
Evidence shows that wraps, which can unravel during sleep can pose health risks to babies.
1. Snug fit reduces the risk of your baby getting tangled in excess fabric or catching their little fingers.
2. Arms up means they are in the way when the baby tries roll, this may help stop your baby
rolling from their back to their tummy. Babies sleeping on their tummy is a SIDS concern.
3. If your baby does accidentally flip onto their tummy, the Love To Swaddle UP™ design with
arms UP may assist them in pushing up to turn their head to the side so they are not face
down in the mattress, obstructing breathing. This is especially helpful for older babies.
4. Instead of swaddling your baby in multiple layers of fabric around their body, Love To Swaddle
UP™ is made of ONE layer of 360-degree stretch Cotton Elastane, thereby helping prevent the
risk of overheating compared to multi-layered swaddles.
Love To Swaddle UP™ is now approved by the INPAA
Promoting and supporting the industry in the supply of safe baby products and educating consumers on the safe use of nursery and infant products.